Saturday, January 24, 2015

its easier to not understand

Its 2011 - I report the medication ordering problem the lst time I see it.
over time we go back and forth, and eventually I am told it can't be fixed. It has to be the way it is, even though it is unclear.  The WHOLE country is doing it this way, I am told.

**************************************

Over the years, we work with it, deal with it.  It is as clear as mud.
We mean one thing, but the order gives 3 choices, which are not the same.  We deal with it. We try to work around it.

**********************************

Its 2015. I bring it up again in a community forum during related discussions on medication management.
Multiple offers to help come, all clearly not understanding the problem.
Yes, I know how to write a DAW (dispense as written) Rx.  This is not the problem. (and do you really think I am that stupid??)
The problem is the EMR appearance of the generic Rx which also includes brand names, as if it is optional to go either way.  It is not optional. You don't write DAW for generics.

Its easier to continue to not understand than to actually have to deal with fixing this problem in the system.




No comments:

Post a Comment