Saturday, January 24, 2015

wasting my time

I am behind schedule on everything.  There is a schedule of real work / real productivity appointments which I feel great pressure to try to keep on time, much of which I cannot control.

An example:
If a patient comes in 10 or 20 minutes late for their 30 minute appt, and then they have a real and serious medical issue, do I cut them off when their time is up?  OF course not! So, I am behind, and I feel guilty as I move on to the next and the next and the next.

When I am not doing this, and even when at home, I am still working on all of these real life, real care related issues.
************************************


Now I show up for your 7 AM administrative meeting, scheduled via email calendar (using one or another of the modern day scheduling programs) and called at a time that others can attend, an hour of the day that is very hard for me, especially in January (when it is dark, minus 80 degrees F).  Adding this meeting will create a 12 hour in the office work day for me.

I arrive on time, but many are not. The meeting doesn't actually start at 7 AM.  Once it begins, we have to first waste time on all of the social niceties, including going around the room introducing ourselves.  It is 7:30 before we are serious and begin on task. The meeting ends at 8, we have another commitment to attend.

What is accomplished?

Usually nothing.


*************************************

Do you think I have free time to waste reading junk email?







No comments:

Post a Comment